If you have an old tree in your garden and you believe that old tree is blocking an extra space in the garden which can be utilized for some other better choice. If you are not willing to keep that tree in your garden and you want to get rid of that, then don’t just cut it off and throw away. You can make a perfect Pallet bed frame for your or for the room of your growing kids who need a new bed.
Obviously cutting a tree is not an easy job, so you can get help from any professional Kingwood Tree Service to cut it down. Then ask them to cut the wood of the tree in the equal size of slats or you can bring the tree after cutting it down in small pieces into a warehouse and ask them to make the slats of equal size for you.
Once done, now you have to do all the work your self and here the process starts for DIY pallet bed frame.
Make Pallet Frames
In the first step, you have to make the pallet frames that would be used to design the bed. To make the pallet frames, you have to follow the instructions below:
- Take the wooden slats and cut these slats with a hand saw that is available at your home.
- Cut the slats for about 36 inches in length.
- You need total 14 slats for one pallet frame and you need 2 pallet frames so you should have 28 slats of 36 inches in length.
- Take three wooden boards (slats are made by cutting the boards into two pieces).
- The length of the board should also be about 36 to 38 inches long.
- Put these boards on equal distance parallel to each other.
- Attach the first slat perpendicular to these boards with the help of nails and a hammer.
- Keep joining the slats on boards from one side.
- It takes almost 7 slats to attach on these three boards on one side.
- Now turn the frame and repeat the procedure of joining slats to boards from the other side.
- It also takes 7 slats; make it sure that you are not using the nails more than 2 inches in length.
- One pallet frame is ready. Repeat the procedure to make another pallet frame with slats and board.
Make Pallet Bed From Pallet Frames
- Now you can use a sander to sand the pallets to avoid any rusting on it.
- Use a primer to paint the pallets. Use any color to paint your pallets to prolong its life.
- Give some time to painted pallets so that paint gets dry.
- Since you have two pallet frames now, you need to join the two pallet frames so that you can get a pallet bed frame of 3 inches wide and 6 inches or 6.3 inches in length.
- You can use the glue along with nails to join the two pallets. You will use the nail by placing another small piece of wooden slat to attach the pallet frames together from the side.
- Use a drill machine now, and make small wholes as you have to attach the wheels.
- Get some good quality bed wheels from the market and attach these wheels using screw or nails.
You have a standard single bed ready for your kids, now put a mattress on it and just put it into your kid’s room. Its all done, you have created a beautiful DIY pallet bed with the help of tree service kingwood tx.
In this way, you can easily get a beautiful and long lasting pallet bed for kids almost free. Even you don’t need to pay anything to the tree service if they have cut a complete tree because they can take the wood of the tree after providing you the boards and slats for your requirement. Even you can make some money as well along with the free bed if the size of the tree is big enough.
Check beautiful designs of DIY Pallet Beds