DIY pallet planters are taking the world by storm. They are renewable, occupy less space, offer lots of varieties and easy to take care of. Out of all, they are very economical which makes them quite popular. The most favorite material for pallet planters is wood.
For those of us who are trying it for the first time, the idea of DIY pallet planters can leave us a bit nervous. But, in reality, is quite easy. You just need some usual things in hand to start making it.
Items needed: Clean pallets, sandpaper, hammer, landscape fabric, few nails (1 inch each), paint (non-toxic), paintbrush, a bag of soil and some saplings.
Before starting, let’s just keep in mind that it takes a bit of patience when trying the DIY pallet planters for the first time. Afterwards, you would get the drift and begin to enjoy it more!
Steps to DIY Pallet Planters:
- To begin with, choose some wooden pallets of your choice, depending on whether you want a vertical garden or a bed or
- Use sandpaper to remove roughness of the wood.
- After the wood is made smooth, paint it with your favorite color. Preferably, use a non-toxic paint, in case you want to grow some herbs or edible plants!
- Now, lay the pallet face down and use fabric to cover the back, sides, and bottom of the Fix it using hammer and nails every few inches.
- In the last step, slide the plants in, and pour the soil on the pallet and push it through the slots. Tightly pack the soil.
- Stuff it with a lot of plants to hide the soil. And your DIY pallet planters are ready!