In today’s article, you are going to learn how to make a DIY herbal moisturizing body lotion. It is very easy to make and cost-effective body lotion, you can use it for your body, hands, and feet. This moisturizing body lotion is made with natural ingredients and each of the ingredients have a number of benefits for the skin; so instead of buying expensive body lotions with all the chemicals in them why not make your own all-natural moisturizing body lotion at a lower cost.
- 1 cup of shea butter
- 1 cup of cocoa butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
All of these ingredients have incredible healing properties for your skin. Coconut oil naturally unclogs your pores, both coconut oil, and cocoa butter hydrates your skin. They protect you against the sun, prevent wrinkles, and skin cell aging. They also help to soothe any skin irritants that you may be having and they give your body a creamy chocolatey smell. The benefits of shea butter are that it protects against the sun, it helps improve skin elasticity, and it helps heal wounds and scars you may already have on your skin.
How to Make Herbal Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Create a double boiler by heating up water in a large pot.
- Put the cocoa butter in a smaller pump and put it into the boiling water.
- As soon as the cocoa butter melts (this should take not more than five minutes), add all of the ingredients into the blender and mix them together.
- The ingredients might get a little stuck to the side so you will have to pat it down a little bit.
- Transfer the body lotion into your favorite jar or any container that you wish to use.
- Your easy homemade body lotion is now ready and you can put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- By the next day, it will be kind of a harder substance but you can take it out and rub it between your fingers a little bit to kind of moisten it or rub it on your skin.
Note: This lotion can be a little bit oily but if you have a more oily skin you can add 1/4 cup of beeswax to this mixture and kind of make the lotion a little bit less oily.
Try to make this homemade herbal cosmetic and let me know in the comments section how it works.