Itching to switch up the aesthetic of your home? This is a perfect time to get started! You can easily introduce good vibes to your living space by making small and substantial changes.
If budget is your constraint, we’ve got your back! Take a look at these five ways on how to spruce up your home without spending an unreasonable bunch of cash!
- Give your rooms a new look: Changing the theme of your living space can be a simple and economic adventure that can refresh the vibe in an instant. Rather than switching the wallpapers of your bedrooms, you could bring in some colour contrast and abstract design to add some depth and dimension. The minimalistic decor style is the most appreciated today, so create some space in your room by decluttering. You can add quaint-looking rice paper blinds, beaded curtains, lampshades, and other decors like self-made frames to add more personality to your room. If you want to bring some change into your kitchen, you can try to create the backlit island look using led lights and some good imagination!
- Get creative with the flooring: One of the aspects that you can’t change about housing easily is the flooring- or so it seems! If you have one of the old-school-styled homes where adding marble or tiling would be overly expensive, you can get crafty and use one of the most popular methods to restyle your floors. Using epoxy blends to create hyperrealistic textures and patterns is in vogue today and for good reason. Not only can you get them done yourself, hiring someone to get epoxy flooring is not as expensive an affair! Also if you consider the benefits of epoxy flooring, they are anti-skid, spill-proof and easily cleaned. Adding a few coats will give your home a freshly polished look and last you decades of seasonal wear.
- Add a splash of color with portraits: One of the easiest ways to keep switching the look of your home is by changing the artwork. Your walls are a blank canvass waiting to tell a story. You can add abstract art, scenic paintings or family portraits that change throughout the year to keep things interesting. If you have enough space in your living room, dedicate a wall to be your showstopper of displays.
- House plants are a game-changer: The colder months can seem stark and lifeless while the warmer seasons make us crave more greenery. Both of these can be fixed by bringing in-house plants to brighten up your living spaces. From your dining room to the kitchen and bathrooms, there are plants that can enhance the quality of air and add some positivity to your home energy. For instance, having a eucalyptus plant in your bathroom can enhance your rejuvenation with its beautiful aroma.
- Windchimes and hanging lights: Since we’ve been spending so much time at home for the last two years, we understand the importance of having positive vibes all around. Lighting makes a huge difference, which is why placing lamps and hanging lights from strategic locations can make your home look larger and more spacious. Add some music to your patio by hanging melodious wind chimes you made yourself for a personal touch!
We hope these ideas inspire you to get your creative mind churning! There are plenty more ideas about where these came from; stay tuned to get more home decor and renovation insights!