Hey folks, today I am going to share one of my favorite DIY ideas with you. I made these amazing DIY tyres seating for garden and my family totally loves it. I would love to share these simple yet amazingly funky looking tyres seats.
This idea truly inspired my neighbors and friends and they applied it on their unused tyres as well. You can make perfect looking tyres seats that provide ultimate comfort as well. You don’t have to pay extra money for garden sitting chairs or seats because now you can make your very own trendy and super comfy DIY Tyres seating.
Stuff that you’ll need for DIY Tyres Seating
- 3 tyres
- Spray Paints (should be of funky bright color, I personally love yellow and royal blue, you can choose any of your favorite colors)
- Plywood (must be around 50cm in diameter and should be 1cm thick.
- Reliable Glue Gun
- Polyester Stuffing (of your preference)
- Staple Gun
- Fabric (to cover the polyester-any color of your choice)
- Interior Clear Varnish
How we do it-DIY Tyres Seating Method
- Lay your hands on the tyres I used the old tyres of my previous car, which was not in use. I bleached the tyres and brushed all the dust and dirt of the tyres. Follow this step and clean your tyres and let them dry for at least 3-4 hours.
- Once the tyres completely dry off, it’s time to spray paint them. Apply at least 3 coats on each tyre with an interval of 1-1.5 hours. After each coat, let them dry before applying a second coat.
- To make your DIY tyre seats look beautiful and durable, it is important to coat them with clear varnish. This step will help in sealing and preventing the spray paint from scratching off the tyres.
- Apply at least 2 layers of interior clear varnish on the tyres.
- Glue the circular plywood on one open side of the tyre.
- From the other side fill in the polyester and cover it with fabric by stapling it from the edges.
- Flip it over, and here you go, your amazing looking DIY Tyres Seats for gardens are ready to be used.
Subscribe to the posts and don’t miss any of our DIY ideas, I will be posting more interesting stuff soon. Stay tuned!