Corona disease (COV -19) is a new illness that was discovered in 2019 first time at China. This disease has spread globally within months which has taken thousands of lives. Now, it is essential for us to know about this disease and take safety steps to save our self and our loved ones.Till date, there is no specific medical treatment for this disease.
How Corona Disease (COVID-19) Spreads Out
The Corona virus is cause of this disease that is found in animals. This is a zoonotic virus which can be transmitted from animals to human and then person to person. When a person with COVID-19 coughs and sneezes, tiny invisible droplets leave their mouth and nose and go into the air. If you are within 6 feet of that person, you may breathe in those droplets, in this way you may get the germs that cause COVID-19 in your body.
COVID-19 also can be transmitted if you touch a surface an infected person has touched. Some examples include door handles, shopping carts and elevator buttons. The germs can get into your body if you then touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Who is likely to catch by Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Some people have a greater risk of becoming sick which include
- Travelers returning from international areas and people in contact with them where there is a high concentration of COVID-19 cases.
- People in close contact with someone who has Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- People 65 years old and older get Coronavirus (COVID-19), they’re more likely to have a severe case.
- People who have health issues, such as heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes are also at risk of getting a severe case.
Symptoms of Corona Disease (COVID-19)
Cough, fever, shortness of breath are common symptoms of corona disease. It takes 2-14 days after exposure for symptoms to develop. In more severe cases infection can cause Pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome kidney failure and even death.
How to protect yourself and others
- Instead of hand shake ,greet people with a wave ,bow or nod.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or handkerchief when Coughing or sneezing
- Properly dispose used tissue.
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- If a person is sick at home maintain safe distance with him/her.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing eatables with sick people.
- If you are sick stay at home.
- Thoroughly cook food before eating
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains between 60% and 95% alcohol.