If you are a book lover like me, then you would also love the bookshelves. As a DIYer, you might be willing to make a beautiful and unique bookshelf, that no other person has in their house. So, here is a unique and interesting invisible bookshelf idea for your study room.
First thing first, here are the supplies that you need:
- Drill Machine
- L Shaped Metal Bracket
- 3-4 Screws
- Velcro Tape (Double Tape)
- Books Of course
It is recommended that you should use a metal bracket that is 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. The length can be changed according to the depth of the book. Also, try to use the drill bit smaller in diameter than the diameter of the screw. Otherwise, it will not be able to hold the books.
How to Make Invisible Bookshelf
You can check a few more modern bookshelf ideas while reading this article.
- Keep the bracket on the wall where you wanted to make your bookshelf.
- Mark the holes in the bracket with the help of a led pencil.
- Now use your drill machine to drill your wall and then tight the bracket with the help of screws.
Make it sure that the level of the bracket is accurate. You can check this by using a level meter. Also, make it sure that the bracket is strong enough to hold 4 to 6 books. If the bracket is not fixed well or if it is week itself, then it will now be able to hold the weight of the books.
- Now, you have to select the first book that you will place on the bookshelf.
- Select the first book wisely, it means to select a book that you don’t want to take out of the shelf again and again.
- If the book has an outer cover, that would be the best book to select.
- Outer cover will make it easy to take off the book without removing the double tape.
- The outer cover of the book will also keep the book safe from any damage.
If you don’t have an outer cover of the books, that will be fine too. But having one is a plus point.
- Now, you have to stick the velcro tape or the double tap on the book and the bracket.
- If you have the book cover, then stick the tape to the inside flap. If you don’t have the book cover, then stick the tape to the back side of the book.
- Make it sure that you stick the tape to the center of the book cover.
- Now stick another velcro strip or double-sided tape to the lower side of the L shaped bracket.
Always use the best quality velcro tape for this project, otherwise, a low-quality tape will not be able to hold the book after you take it out three or four times.
- Now keep your first book on the bookshelf, the whole book will be on the bracket, only the back cover of the book will be on the lower side of the bracket.
- Put other books on the same book.
- Make it sure that you place the smaller books at the end.
Now, stay away from your bookshelf, and try to find the bookshelf. You will not be able to see any bookshelf, you will see only some books with the wall without any shelf. This will look amazing.